Friday, May 9, 2014

Friday, I love you

Who doesn't love a Friday? Every so often I gmail chat with my sister. Today, I wished her happy Friday and told her how much I love Fridays! She replied, "me too, but I love Saturday even more!" It's true, Saturday is the best day, because for most, there is no working involved. However, there is just something about that Friday feeling. Even though working is required, I know there is a full weekend ahead. It's the greatest feeling at 5pm, locking up the office and heading down the elevator or stairs. Freedom! I think it's the closest it gets to feeling like a college student again - finishing that last final, knowing you are free of any commitments for a while. Did I mention, I love Fridays?!

With all that said, I also like to think that Friday's and the weekend are a gift from God. I've been praying a lot, asking God for peace and help to get through the work-week. I struggle with feeling like my job isn't important enough, or rewarding enough. In all honesty, I see friends, and other women around me with the careers they have or the career goals they have, and I start to feel inadequate. Why don't I feel passionate about my job? Why didn't I choose a different career path? Well, the truth his, God laid it upon my heart to be a mom, and God willing, I can rest knowing, that my career and time of being a stay-at-home mom will come some day. In the meantime, He has provided me with a good job. We have health insurance and other benefits, which are important, and I am supporting my husband while he pursues his education and career as a doctor. While I struggle with working Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm, I can rest easy knowing that Friday and the weekend is always on its way. God has provided rest.

A great reminder of what it means to have the Holy Spirit with me and how I should act and feel throughout the week is my easy memory verse I've been working on this past week:

"The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law." Galatians 5:22-23

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment