Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Greatest Gift

It certainly has been awhile since I've written anything. I feel wishy-washy about blogging. At times I think it's great to share my life with friends and family, yet I worry that people might not really care to read what I have to say. How's that for honesty?

However, I would really like to share something my husband did that warms my heart and makes me proud. In my last post, I mentioned my friend from work, Nastassia, who we have been bringing to church with us the past couple of months - well, recently on the way home from church we were talking with her about the Bible and what the word "gospel" means. We found out that she does not own a Bible and told her we would get her one. A couple weekends ago I was in Iowa for a friend's wedding. I was gone for five days and tried to call Jordan once each day. During one of our conversations I found out that Jordan went to Barnes and Noble and picked out a Bible for Nastassia. I was so surprised that he went and did that on his own! I had assumed the two of us would go pick one out together, or I would go look by myself sometime. I guess I really shouldn't have been so surprised. Jordan has always been so thoughtful and caring. The Bible he picked out for Nastassia is the English Standard Version, the version that our pastor/church uses. It's a really beautiful bible. I brought it to work last week and gave it to Nastassia. She was so shocked and kept saying, "wow! wow!" She thought we were just going to find her a used or donated bible, not get her a brand new one to be her very own. We really hope she keeps asking questions and that God would give us the words to draw her to a relationship with Christ. It is really neat to see God work in the lives around me, as well as my own life.

"Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart." Proverbs 3:3

No comments:

Post a Comment